Saturday, May 22, 2010

A year in review

Well...once again I had to reminded Mommy that we are no good at keeping up with this bloggin'. There are so many things to share and tell. Stuff is always happening around us but we never ever get the tale told. Soooooo, once again, we will try to keep this thing going and share our little tales with the rest of our family.

Here's our year in review:

Last summer, we took our first ever rafting trip with Uncle Gary and Aunt Heather. We left the Cody-monster with Oma and Opa and spent a couple of days moseying on down the Colorado River. The first day was really, really windy and Daddy had to use his big muscles to move that boat on down the river. We camped by the river for a day after that hard work and played and played in the sand. Spencer helped me make lots of "rivers" and "roads" near the water. It was so much fun!







In September, we celebrated Cody's first birthday. We could hardly believe our little Cody was already one. Mommy said it was the fastest year of her life! We took Cody to a place called Boondocks and lots of our good friends came to wish him happy birthday...Cade, Kara and Harper Scholl, Jacob and Steve Trujillo and Jacob's cousin, our cousin Morgan, our cousins Jayden and Anique and their parents, Grandma Marta, Grandpa Clint and Grandma Rhonda...oh and us. We ate brownie cupcakes and ate pizza. We played lots and lots of arcade games, Daddy and I drove super fast race cars and so did the boys. And then there were some water games on a floating bumper car. It was all so very fun and Cody had a SUPER time!



Here's a few pics of Cody eating his first birthday cake...at home






Pics from Cody's Party...






Baby Cody...eating ice cream while we're all out racing!


Here's one of Jayden and Morgan, Spencer and Anique...getting ready to RACE!


Can you see me? Here I am, next to Daddy, racing in a racin' car!


Later that month, we celebrated Spencer's 16th birthday. We all got together with Spencer's Dad and his Grandparents as well as Grandma Marta and took Spence out to eat at his favorite Chinese restaurant. I was very excited because Spencer's other little sister, Courtney, was there. Courtney and I are the same age and it's lots of fun to play together. Then we gave Spencer his special 16th birthday present...a BIG, shiny, red guitar with lots of gold all over it. He was very excited!






We spent Thanksgiving in Kremmling and it was oh so good. I always love to visit my family!! Then we had Christmas...was very special! We got to do lots of fun family traditions. Mommy showed me how to make tostones and then we made arroz con dulce for dessert on Christmas Eve. We had seafood mac and cheese and yummy salad Daddy made. We made the table really pretty and had a fancy Christmas Eve dinner. The next day, Santa came and brought me lots and lots of Barbie Princesses and he brought Cody lots of cars and Spencer lots of clothes and music stuff. Then we visited Grandpa and Grandma for Christmas brunch and then it was back up to the mountains for Christmas dinner. We got to stay for a couple of days. We had another VERY special holiday season Here's some pics...











On to the new year...

In April, I turned 4 years old. Yes, you heard me. FOUR! I am growing up fast!! I tell Mommy that pretty soon, I'll be growed up just like her. She doesn't like to hear that much. We celebrated my birthday for lots of days. Mommy let me help her make my birthday cake...which was chocolate with cherries and chocolate frosting. DEEEEEELICIOUS!! I got to have lunch with Grandma, play with Oma, go to Ft Collins for pizza and sunny walks and then I got to play with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a full week of fun times for Cassie. And what did I get for my birthday, you ask? I got a mermaid barbie and lots of barbie dress up models, a Bratz doll, a cooking set, a beautiful fluffy skirt with a sweater and jelly shoes AND.....a BRAND NEW PURPLE HELLO KITTY BIKE!!! Alllll for meeeee!!!







Well, that's all I have for now. Mommy has pictures to post of Cody's birthday and Spencer's and some pictures of our rafting trip but she says she'll do that later this weekend. My big tumbling show is this weekend so we PROMISE, we will be posting again VERY...with pictures.

Adios amigos! Adios mi familia.
Te amo mucho!
Cassidy Rebecca

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Our family adventures through the eyes of our four year old daughter, Cassidy.